Tips For Your Joomla! Website
Tips and commentary on Joomla! content management system and extensions, online marketing, e-commerce, and search engine optimization.
Claim your listings on local search and reviews websites
First begin at GetListed http://getlisted.org/
This will show you how your business is listed at Google, Yahoo, and other top local search engines. Shows you were your businesses exist on major local search engines like Google Maps and Yahoo! Local. See immediately whether your business is listed properly by the search engines, and whether you have claimed your listings. Provides easy links to claim and update your business listing information. Additional details like photos and videos, customer reviews, and mentions of your business are displayed as well. These factors combine to form a "Listing Score," a simple percentage that indicates how effectively your are taking advantage of these online tools. A checklist is provided for specific steps to improve your listings.
Here's my list of top reviews sites where you should claim your business listing. These are FREE by the way!
- Localeze http://webapp.localeze.com/extranet/createaccount.aspx to sign up.
Certify and manage your Local Search presence across the Web.
- Yelp http://www.yelp.com/
Search for your listing and click Edit Business Listing
- Google Places http://places.google.com/business
Log in to your Google account or create one to claim your business listing.
- Yahoo Local http://local.yahoo.com/
Search for your business. Then click Edit Info. Log in to your Yahoo account or create one. Basic listing is free.
- Bing Local https://ssl.bing.com/listings/ListingCenter.aspx
- City Search http://www.citysearch.com/
Search for your business. Click the Own This Business? link.
- Yellow Pages http://www.yellowpages.com/
Search for your business, click the Add or edit this business information link, then click the Are you a Representative of this Business? Go to the Business Representative "Improve this Listing" form.
- Yellow Pages listing will also get your information on Buzz.com. Buzz is new and there's no way yet to directly manage your business Buzz account. The info is taken from Yellow Pages website.
- Local.com http://www.local.com/
Search for your business. Look for the big Is This Your Listing? Claim it and promote your business. Click the Claim My Listing button. This takes you to the free account sign-up.
- Best of the Web Local http://local.botw.org/helpcenter/jumpstartproduct.aspx
- Super Pages http://www.supermedia.com/spportal/quickbpflow.do
- Insider Pages http://www.insiderpages.com/
Search for your business. Then click the Claim Business link.
- HotFrog http://www.hotfrog.com/
Search for your business. Find Is This Your Business? Update Now. Create an account to manage your listing.
- infoUSA http://www.expressupdateusa.com/home.aspx
Search for your business. Click "More Info/Edit this listing" link. Create an account to manage your listing.
Are there any others that you like? Please let us know.